Saturday, October 3, 2009

Spicy Shrimp


My Bon Appetit Cookbook never fails me. Again, I have found a recipe that is super easy and takes about 15 minutes to make. This shrimp can be eaten a multitude of ways: as an appetizer, with rice, with pasta or with French Bread to soak up all the great sauce. When I cook this I don't bother heating up the oven as the recipe calls for, I just throw them into a skillet or a wok for a couple of minutes. (This recipe is my own adaptation of the original)


Spicy Shrimp

1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp Cajun or Creole seasoning (use one that doesn't list salt as one of the first ingredients)
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp soy sauce
Pinch of cayenne pepper (use to your taste)
1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined and butterflied

Lemon wedges for serving

Combine first 6 ingredients in glass dish; whisk to blend. Add shrimp to mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate for up to 1 hour (I think that 10 to 15 minutes is plenty because the marinade is so flavorful)

Cook shrimp and all of the marinade in a skillet or wok heated over high heat until shrimp are opaque in center about 4 to 5 minutes. You may also place these in a 450 degree oven on a baking sheet for about 10 minutes.



The next post will be from the Martin Epstein Test Kitchen: Pasta with Beans and Beef

No comments:

Post a Comment